One of the things I deal with on a regular basis is backing up files.
What I mean by this is, I routinely back someone’s data and files up before I touch anything on their computer.
Today Google Announced a feature that I actually like.
Meet Backup and Sync for Google Photos and Google Drive!
Let me start with this, for Drive it will follow with how much you pay to have stored while Photos is still at this moment Free.
The old Google Photos and Drive for Mac/PC is being replaced by this. You can now back up your files and photos from your computer directly into Drive and Google Photos.
The steps are pretty easy.
- Download the Drive Desktop App or the Google Photos App.
- Sign into your Google Account
- Identify which Computer files you want (you can choose as many or as little as you want).
- Choose where in Google Drive they go.
- Sit back and watch your backups happen!
From then on, Google will observe when a new file is added to the selected area and back them up.
When you log into Google Drive online, you’ll be able to see them there now too.
Awesome Update and more to come!