Waze is now integrated with Android Auto! So if your car supports Android Auto you can use the vehicle’s in-car display, touch screens, steering wheel buttons and other console-mounted controls!
I have actually used Android Auto on a few of the rental cars that I use. It was fun, but a little uneasy to navigate. Switching between the screens was “fun,” but I really didn’t like the maps.
Now four years ago, my wife and I started using Waze (and later switched to Google Maps), and we loved it. Now I use Google Maps and she uses Waze so that we can compare times (and if my brother is in the car he uses Apple Maps and we get lost :)).
So now with the Android Auto integration with Waze, it is really nice.
Here are some of their features:
- Navigate to frequent destinations with one tap.
- Say “OK Google” to use voice commands inside Waze.
- Get audio and visual alerts to keep informed of hazards.
- Access your usual Waze Experience on the big screen.
- Use the ETA Panel to see when you’ll arrive.
- Still help other Wazers with a visual reporting menu.
Set up is quite easy.
- Plug in your phone.
- Select Waze from the Navigation.
- Enter your destination and go!
Google wants to help everyone get somwhere safe and quick. They listened to the community and now we have Waze on Android Auto!